Monday, April 17, 2017

Bucket List (Part 1)

I can't remember the circumstances that prompted the conversation, but the subject of a bucket list came up. I've never considered a bucket list before, so the conversation prompted some thought.

The thing is, offhand, I struggle to think of things that I'm really passionate about that might fit on such a list. Bucket list items are, for me, big items. My ongoing goal about weight loss is not a Bucket List item, for example, neither are the goals I list in my annual "Goals" post.

So, first things, first. What goals do I have right now that are potentially bucket list items that I can add to a list?

  • Visit Macchu Pichu
  • Visit Salar de Uyuni
  • Visit Cape Canaveral

Travel destinations don't need a lot of explanation, so I'm not going to explain why those listed above are on the list apart from say that Cape Canaveral has been somewhere I've wanted to go since I was a child with an interest in space.

  • Have an archetypal dirty weekend with a partner

Just for the fun of it. I've not had an extensive number of relationships. Most of them have petered out before we've even hit the three month "make it official" point, so I've actually never stayed in a hotel with a significant partner. I've had a couple of one night stands while on stag and lad's weekends away, but nothing over one night. So, spend a weekend (or at least a couple of nights at any point) in a hotel room, physically enjoying my companion as she does, me.

There are a couple of "event" ones:

  • Attend an NFL game (preferably my team)
  • Attend an NBA game (preferably my team)
  • Attend an English Premier League game


That's about it really. I can't think of anything else that's worthy of inclusion on a bucket list. None of those listed above is beyond my reach - it's just a matter of getting the cash together to afford them and the motivation to arrange the details.

I've left these links below, for future reference, in case I feel like adding to the paltry seven entries.

https://personalexcellence.co/blog/bucket-list/
http://bucketlistjourney.net/my-bucket-list/

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...