Monday, April 17, 2017

On your marks...

I've been eyeing up some fitness trackers on Amazon for quite a while now - well over six months. They're not expensive - under £30 - but I've been reluctant to push the boat out and buy one. I don't know why. If it's crap, I'd simply return it. if it's good, then I'd keep it and use it. I mainly wanted one with a heart rate monitor, but I didn't want to go down the full-on smart watch at over £100.

Anyway, with the main travel agreement in place with FP, I want to kick on with the weight loss goals and a fitness tracker would help out.

Things I need to sort out:

  1. Diet
    • Portion management. I eat too much at one sitting. I need to reduce portion size and eat more frequently.
    • Cut out some guff - reduce my bread intake. Cut out, as much as possible, my savoury snack intake. This is my weak spot much more than chocolate and sweets are.
    • Calorie goals. I need to figure out how many calories I need each day.
    • Recipes - specifically for lunches that I can pre-make at the start of the week. I've got a nice tabbouleh recipe that's filling (for a salad). If you know of anything like this, let me know.
    • Get back into the habit of drinking water.
  2. Exercise
    • Start off slowly and build up to more strenuous, longer workouts eventually getting some weights in and my favourite, DDP Yoga.
    • Get into a routine of exercising as often as possible.
I still don't know what the scale of the problem is - I'm yet to step on the scales - but I'll do that this week. Oh, and if you hadn't guessed already, I did buy the fitness tracker. I should have it by the weekend and I can finally retire my chest strap heart rate monitor.

I'm always looking for advice and feedback, so if anyone has any ideas, recipes etc. please share them.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...