Sunday, November 27, 2016

Happy talk.

I visited KfW2 last night. Rather, when she heard that I was blowing off another social engagement, she asked me to visit. So, I arrived, with alcohol in hand as she was bathing and putting the kids to bed. I got roped into helping and ended up soaking wet and tired after nearly an hour of playing with three infants.

With the kids out of the way and KfW2's husband off at a work event, we spent a very enjoyable evening chatting, drinking and eating.

When we have time and privacy, as we did last night, or when we're in the pub, I feel our conversations have much more value - we tend to get into the more personal stuff quicker and avoid small talk and last night was no exception. These conversations are completely different to those we have on a day to day basis in work, for example.

We made some tentative plans for Christmas and shortly into the New Year, covered some family stuff and it was just a really pleasant night. It was something I needed and, importantly, I think it was something that KfW2 needed as well.

If KfW2 hadn't had an early social event today, it felt like we (or I) could have talked until sunrise, so I kinda feel that the night ended too early.

That has led to a bit of a funk, but it's hardly unexpected. When I have these nights with KfW2 (or GM or CH in the past) where we end up getting into a heart to heart conversation, it always reminds me how lonely I am and how infrequent these conversations are. With the Christmas period looming, when I always tend to feel lonely, I've no doubt that's had an influence as well.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...