Sunday, November 30, 2014

Oh dear.

When FNG and MfW left the house and the new guys moved in, I sent an extensive email with lots of helpful information and some other stuff about splitting the bills etc. and specifically our Virgin Media bill and how to pay me.

One guy, immediately replied back.

"It's too much. We should look for better value for money."

I instantly got defensive. I hate when people try and dress stuff up like that. It's not value for money he's looking for. He wants to reduce the bill. However, he doesn't know what we get for the money we pay each month. It's this kind of tightness that winds me up and all for what would probably be a saving of about £4 per month for each person.

We're currently on a friends and family deal that AM arranged for me, so we're doing pretty good under the value for money angle.

The other new guy never said anything about the Virgin Media stuff, so I never bothered doing anything about it. I noticed from my online banking last week that the complaining guy never set up a recurring payment, so I sent him a text. His reply was almost identical to his first complaining email, only this time he dropped the "value for money" angle.

I replied back telling him about AM's deal and how much that same deal would cost a new customer - AM's deal is "saving" us about twenty-five pounds per month. Paying ten pounds less than we currently do would really reduce what we're getting for our money.

"We should strip the package back to the bare bones and then only add things if everyone agrees to it" is his idea.

He then sent another text. He sent a "test payment" to my bank account. A fucking test payment. I've never heard anyone send a test payment before. It seems to me that he's being deliberately obtuse.

Seeing as neither me nor the other guy (though I really need to clarify this with him) have any issues with the monthly payment, I have a feeling that the complaining guy is going to be disappointed, but this needs to be sorted now and I don't think he's going to like the outcome.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...