Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Hmmm...

Today I cancelled my Match.com subscription. It's due to expire in about three weeks, so that's how long all of the other sites and tools I'm signed up for have to produce someone I want to meet.

That's phrased wrongly - there have been a few people I've really wanted to meet (probably about half a dozen) and many more who I'm prepared to give the benefit of the doubt to (nothing immediately standing out, but their profiles or good or they look cute in pictures).

But over three sites (Match, Plenty of Fish and Zoosk) and one phone app (Tinder), I must have messaged, "liked" or poked over 100 women. My current message count is probably over forty at this stage, though the sites seem to delete these as standard after a month so it's hard to keep an accurate track.

The number of replies from women that I have been interested in? Zero. There's one girl who's added me as a favourite on all three sites, yet has never made any contact. Another girl added me as a favourite, but deleted her profile as soon as I messaged her. The ones I really wanted to hear from have been silent.

I don't know what's going to happen... the likelihood of something coming from one of these sites in the next three weeks is super-slim given the antics til now. I'm still down about it... possibly more so since typing the above since it lays out in black and white how active I've been - probably much more so since I last did online dating back in, I think, 2010.

Though, this caught my eye earlier and it looks intriguing... though my privacy issues might get the better of me.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...