Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Call me.

I'm currently single and am not particularly close to my parents, so maybe this just me being unable to understand what's going on, but I got annoyed at KfW2 today.

She takes many phone calls from her family (particularly her sister and mother) and her husband during the day. If she doesn't answer her work phone, they will immediately phone her mobile. KfW2 will also make outgoing phone calls to these people as well. It wouldn't surprise me if she took or received over half a dozen personal calls per day. I think that's excessive in the working environment.

Often, if the phone goes as we're heading off on tea-break or whatever, she'll hang back and take the call. It used to be that she would always leave her mobile phone in her desk drawer if we were going out to buy lunch (which we do most days).

Recently though, she's taken to bringing her phone with her. Today, her husband phoned her just as we were leaving the office and they spent fifteen minutes chatting as it's his lunchtime too. That's fifteen minutes of her, walking alongside me, talking into a phone.

I know that it's her husband, but I thought it was really rude that she didn't ask him to call her at another time and it annoyed me quite a bit. Maybe my sense of what constitutes good etiquette these days is horrendously out of date having been single for so long.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...