Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Reminiscing.

It's a damp, miserable Wednesday night. Liverpool are playing Manchester United - it's on the TV behind me. While I'm having a somewhat weird conversation with USHW about my female friends' hairstyles, prompted by a picture of CB, what has just popped into my head is a night, around twenty years ago, spent with CAB.

It was a damp, miserable Wednesday night. Liverpool were playing Manchester United, and we were sat in a quiet corner of a cosy pub, just having gotten rid of one of CAB's friends, having a chat and a bit of a smooch. It was our regular weeknight haunt when we had a date - our living arrangements at that time meant we had to meet close to mutually acceptable bus routes. We found the quiet corner our first week, the blind spot in the mirror from the barman in the second and, well, we enjoyed ourselves any time we were in until we broke up.

I remember CAB being a great kisser and tasting great. I know that can't be true as CAB was a smoker, but it has been a while, and I was a bit of a social smoker at the time myself. Still am, in fact.

The bar no longer exists, sadly.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...