Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Grrr...

I had planned to take a night class this year, partly because there are a few things I'd like to be able to do (better) and it's a good excuse to get out of the house for a few hours per week and perhaps meet some new people.

I spent last week trying to get the hold of someone who could tell me more about the course that I was specifically looking for and after a few days to-ing and fro-ing, I had all the details I needed and just needed to enrol.

Except, trying to get information on enrolment was impossible. The website contradicted the email... a brochure on the website contradicted both the website and the email I'd received.

Eventually, after trying to enrol over the phone (I called well over thirty times in three or four days), I took an hour out of work and went to do it personally. The course was full. It had been empty all summer and even when the tutor was emailling me, all places were unfilled, but in the five days since I had been trying to enroll, the course had been maxed out.

To say I was angry was an understatement. I really, really fucking hate academia.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...