Friday, September 21, 2012

I dunno LOL.

MfW has a girl in tonight. He's seen her before - they're ex-work colleagues but work in different towns so I've no idea how they know each other. Regardless, for the past few weeks, they've been seeing each other regularly - he goes off to hers, she comes up to ours. I don't know if it's serious or just fuck buddies, but it is regular.

I thought they might have gone to the pub tonight, leaving me in front of the telly with a few beers, but no. MfW is cooking! Bear in mind that all he eats is stuff you can throw in the microwave/oven, I thought that cooking for a bird he's trying to impress might be a risky venture.

Then I saw what he was "cooking". A pre-made Tesco chicken dinner thing (for two) with a large portion of thick-cut Tesco oven chips. Bang everything in the oven for 35 minutes and you're done.

He's a 31 year old man and I've never seen him cook anything properly in the many years I've known him. Certainly with his last serious girlfriend, he never cooked beyond maybe frying a steak and throwing some Tesco ready-made mash in the microwave.

UF is the same, actually, though he and his now fiancé actually go out to cafés and restaurants. MfW is a man who earns almost £12000 more than me per year and yet skimps on absolutely everything where he can. However, he hates thinking that he's lost out.

For example, when we moved into this place, we divided the rent in relation to the size of the bedrooms. The master room (with ensuite) is significantly more than the middle sized room which is slightly more than the smaller room. MfW challenged the rate for the larger room, but still wanted it. I said that I was prepared to take the largest room and was also prepared to pay the extra amount due to the larger size and en-suite... and yet MfW still insisted that he wanted the room. I think he felt that he was being manoeuvred out of it.

UF automatically declared a preference for the smallest room (and hence the cheapest rent). MfW and I ended up tossing a coin because MfW refused to back down - he continually said that it was too expensive, but wouldn't just admit defeat. I honestly think he sees it as a sign of weakness or something. When I voiced a theory that UF will move out next summer (he's getting married late next year) when our lease is due for renewal, MfW quickly said that he'd move into UF's room. He hates the fact that UF is paying approximately £40 less than him per month - he still thinks that he's "losing" and that it's all a big competition.

Personally, I'd love the master room. I've no qualms about taking it and paying the current price for it - I could put a larger room and en-suite to very good use... plus having to use the communal bathroom might mean he's a bit more aware about having to do some housework around the place.

I still don't understand how a man who wants a flashy place where he can impress girls won't do any housework and lives like a student, despite being a professional and earning an extremely good salary for the area.

Hmmm. That kinda turned into a bit of an anti-MfW post. Ah, fuck it. I'm away for a beer.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...