Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sigh.

I was meant to be heading out with DSC this weekend and it took a lot of persuasion to get her out. She's miserable at the moment and her boyfriend being a useless muppet isn't helping her. Apart from meeting her a few times this year for lunch, shopping trips and whatnot, I can't recall hearing her say that she's been out with her friends. This is a girl who used to love getting dressed up and coming out for a few drinks and a bit of a dance.

I got a text today - she's crying off. Admittedly there are reasons for her crying off - medical ones - but she has this habit of deciding she's not in the mood to go out and then just cancelling, even though we're still three full days away and the medical thing in itself is not stopping her from going out.

Often, I think she'd be better off seeing through the social engagements rather than moping in the house (alone) or arguing with her boyfriend because he a) doesn't understand b) doesn't care and probably c) will be at the pub with his mates.

I think I am still angry, because I expected her to cry off anyway, but also because I don't think she helps herself and sometimes I think she likes to be unhappy. Staying in when her partner is away to the pub gives her something to complain about...

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...