Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Are you spontaneous?

From reading through the various dating sites I've perused, I've noticed one thing. A lot of women out there claim to be, or are looking for, someone spontaneous.

In reality, most of the women I've dated are anything but spontaneous. Most things required planning and advance notice and God forbid that it might involve taking a chance.

A prime example was when I was dating FA2. Awaking one morning after I'd spent the night at hers, I noticed the sun was shining brightly outside. When FA2 roused herself, I whispered in her ear that perhaps this would be a good day to throw a sickie and enjoy the day. I suggested that, instead of going to work, she might enjoy being the recipient of one of my full body massages (she enjoyed those), an hour or so enjoying ourselves between the sheets, I'd make her breakfast in bed, we could share an enjoyable shower (together, of course) then we'd head to a local seaside town where we could take a stroll along the beach followed by lunch (my treat) at a cracking pub I knew, spending an afternoon chilling out and doing a little shopping before returning to FA2's for a BBQ dinner (I'd cook) and curling up with a DVD when it got too chilly to sit outside, ending the evening with some more fun between the sheets.

I thought that ticked all the boxes: spontaneous, romantic, thoughful, sexy, unselfish. That was a dead cert for a fun day beside the sea side, wasn't it?

Boy, was I wrong! That's probably the most extreme example, mind you. FA2 wasn't interested and throwing a sickie was a complete no no. Still... any time she complained about my lack of spontaneity, romance etc. I simply mentioned the day she turned down the entire package all wrapped up in one day.

Oh, and don't get me started on these "spontaneous" girls that take three hours to get ready for a simple trip down to the pub... (and yes, FA2 was one of those, too).

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...