Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ongoing issues at work

The work thing is still ongoing (see here) and I'm starting to get really fucked off with work and it's starting to effect other work too as I'm too busy running after time critical problems. I'm starting to lose a bit of confidence in my work, second guessing myself all the time and being really reticent about handing my work in, in case the guys in the peer review system really pull my projects apart. I don't think I've ever been this stressed (professionally speaking) and I've always prided myself in not getting stressed easily and have been able to take problems in my stride.

I don't want that to happen because until now, I've really enjoyed my job and for the most part, the people I work with. I am getting to the point where I'm seriously considering moving somewhere else. I don't know if anywhere else would be any different in terms of the causes of frustration (communication issues and information sharing, mainly) and my currfent desires might just be a knee-jerk reaction to the last few weeks. My current co-workers are being supportive, but this one project is dragging on and on and it's just sucking out my enthusiasm for the job and I'm sure it's starting to annoy my mentor who's been incredibly patient until now.

With any luck, tomorrow will sort out the last of these problems and I can get back to enjoying my work, but I thought that on Monday... and yesterday... and this morning...

I have taken the day off on Friday, so I'm going to chill out and forget about work for the long weekend.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...