Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Bugger.

After the shenanigans of the previous couple of weeks, I started this week with a bastarding head cold. Actually, I can't say for certain that that's the reason, but it makes sense that after the stresses and frustrations of recent times, my immune system pisses off on a holiday for a rest. Head cold. It's a bastard. I keep getting 90% to a huge sneeze, then the sensation goes, plus my eyes are watering continuously, my hearing's screwed because my head's bunged up (even with decongestants) and I've been dehydrated all week, too. My immune system is usually pretty good... it's very rare that I get ill, so having this head cold hang around since early Sunday morning is a rare occurance.

Things are going well in work this week... relatively speaking. There's a bit of a scare going on right now with yet another project of mine which a co-worker "kindly" pointed out just before I left work today. There's no reason to think that this is a proper emergency, but some confusion on the part of the project manager because the project was checked and double-checked last week not only by myself, but more importantly, by the guy that's mentoring me (as I was on holiday). Double-checked. Can both of us have missed a huge problem?

I'll find out in the morning.

I can do without these fucking scares though. I need some quiet time with some stuff going right just for a little bit so I can recharge the batteries. Two and half years of really enjoying my work and it's all being sucked out of in a matter of weeks.

I know that I need a break, but trying to get my mate free for a weekend is proving tricky. I'll try and get some time to myself though.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...