Sunday, February 17, 2019

Talky and drinky.

Unusually, GM wanted to go out for his birthday. He's never really done it before. I can only remember one time when an ex from years (probably around 2013) ago cajoling him into it. The plan was to meet at a bar, have a few drinks, then move on to a recently refurbished bar then finally a new bar.

As you might have guessed, that didn't work out. We never left the first bar all night long. It was the usual crowd - S, GM, FC etc. However, there were guests - GM had invited a friend and Mrs FC had invited a friend.

Mrs FC's friend was an attractive, thin, blonde girl in a figure hugging red dress and her name escapes me. GM's friend was an attractive brunette girl who, if I was reading the signals correctly, pretty much throwing herself at GM. Or maybe she was just being clingy because she was shy... but she spent the entire night only talking to GM and her friend. Interestingly, and I didn't realise this until today because her photos make her look different to how she looks in real life, she's been popping up in my Facebook "people you may know" recommendations over the past week or so. I may have seen her on the dating sites/apps as well.

He did admit, in a rare period where she left him alone long enough to chat, that they'd met on Plenty of Fish many, many years ago (prior to SG and the ex mentioned above) though hadn't taken it anywhere.  When he broke up with SG the first time, they'd rekindled their chats and had ended up in bed. While I left earlier than the others (they went on to a club when the pub shut), I'm pretty sure that's where they ended up last night as well.

As usual, GM was very appreciative of our chats - SG was the topic. We agreed that we see each other too infrequently these days (he claims lack of cash) and I told him that we didn't have to hit the pub and spend loads. We could have card nights, or gaming nights and a few beers. That went down well, so I'm going to try and see if we can make those a semi-regular thing.

I am a little jealous that he's matching, meeting and sleeping with people from online dating when I've always had issues even getting matches.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...