Thursday, February 14, 2019

'Member?

Every now and again, USHW reminds me or informs me of an upcoming speed dating night in my city. I'd mentioned an interest in trying it and time and again, it's never actually happened. Sometimes the nights have been inconvenient and other times I've been appalling at trying to get some company to tag along. My social anxiety means that I'm unlikely to go on my own. But I had considered CC, S and GM. CC and S would be ideal - they're within the age range that I'd be able to attend, so at least two of us going would be fun. (As an aside, while CC and S are on speaking terms, I'm not entirely sure CC knows why S refused a second date or that she was/is happy about it.)

This time, though, was different. USHW let me know ages in advance. Before Christmas, actually. On a night out with GM and FP, GM actually asked if there was something happening soon. I told him of the night that USHW had told me about and we agreed that we would go.

Then it fell off my radar. And this is an issue. Lots of things have fallen off my radar. Not serious things, but I have things I want to do, research, people to talk to... and I get side-tracked (usually in work) then completely forget about for a few days. Then I'll remember about it and the cycle repeats. It's not procrastination - most times I can't drop what I'm doing and tick whatever off my list. Sigh. I need to get started on getting some of this stuff done though.

Anyway... back to it. The speed dating thing fell off my radar until USHW reminded me about it at the weekend. I messaged GM, who took a while to reply. He couldn't make it - money was tight this month, he explained. I tried to think of a backup. CC is (figuratively) getting screwed to within an inch of her life, so is out of the dating game right now and S is, well, S. I wouldn't want to rely on S alone, but I'd consider asking him if I knew GM would be there. I think he'd be interested then.

And the speed dating night was tonight. Speed dating on Valentine's night. You gotta think that's going to provide a story or two, don't you?

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...