Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Sound off.

Sports Girl was right on time. I was early, but only by ten minutes. Despite it being a Tuesday night the beer garden at the pub was full.

I didn't recognise her at first. She was a wearing a semi-backless, short sundress and had blonde hair. Not a brunette in jeans as I was expecting.

She offered up a hug, which I took. Like KfW2 and E3, she gives great hugs. I offered to get her a drink, but she declined and went to the bar herself. She returned with a glass of water. She was driving. Weird, because I definitely suggested we meet for drinks.

The next couple of hours flew by. First of all, her dress was really short. I know what colour of underwear she was wearing, and not because I was trying to steal a glance.

We covered quite a few topics, including her relationship with GM and its current state and her work/travel opportunities.

As I always (in my opinion) do, I offered up a different point of view than she might have been expecting that helped her rationalise some of her own feelings and assumptions.

We parted company a few hours later and she sent through a few text messages once she'd returned home thanking me for my company and for being a sounding board on some issues. It was nice to chat to her again - it reminded me of some of the conversations we used to have prior to her officially hooking up with GM.

If her travel plans actually come to pass, then we're going to lose touch again, and probably quite soon, but it was a nice reminder of what we used to have.

And speaking of sounding boards, KfW2 asked me to be a sounding board for her earlier today and swore me to secrecy, but she never got around to the conversation. I brought it up as I left the office, but she said it could wait. Now my interest is piqued. I want to know what she wanted to talk about.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...