Saturday, July 08, 2017

Longest. Day. Ever.

I don't often go out drinking during the week. While I don't get hangovers, alcohol really knocks me on the head, sleep-wise. But I'd said to GM that I'd go down for moral support when he went speed dating, so down I went. While he was in the sectioned-off area of the bar, I sat with a few pints, messaged some people on social media and did a bit of people watching.

There were a couple of very pretty women at the speed dating event, but GM ultimately only wanted to date one person.

It seemed like a decent setup. I was actually very interested in going to the next one for my age range, but I already have a clash.

GM and I stayed on afterwards for a few drinks and gradually, some of the people who were at the event joined us. By the end of the night, the drinks and chat were flowing. The drinks were flowing maybe a little too well. When I called it quits at 1 AM, the party was still in full flow, but I had work the next day.

And boy did I suffer. Everything took more concentration and effort than usual... a LOT more. I don't do hangovers, but I felt like I didn't get a moment's sleep, even though I only woke up because KfW2 phoned me at 10 AM.

"You sound terrible" she laughed.

I admitted that I wasn't 100%, but it got me out of bed and I got the laptop running to begin my working day.

Longest. Day. Ever.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...