Sunday, July 16, 2017

A post not worthy of a title with any thought.

I was, well still am, a massive fan of the Alien films. I've watched them all, even the abysmal Aliens vs Predator and the sequel.

When Ridley Scott announced he was doing a prequel to Alien, I was hugely excited. Ultimately though, it was pointless. Buried in there was a brilliant movie that was ruined by having the characters unlikeable and illogical.

Rumours on the internet were that the original script, by a guy called Jon Spaihts, was different and better than the final story and that most of the issues could be directed towards a guy called in to make changes to the script - Damon Lindelof. Yes, the guy who never answered any questions in Lost.

So I went off looking for the changes that had been made, to see if they had ruined the film and during my research found another script that Spaihts had written - Passengers. Bear in mind that this was 2012.

It was a great script... well, story. I've no idea if it was a great script or not, but it was an interesting story with a few interesting aspects.

Eventually, as of last night, I managed to watch the film and I really liked it, despite minor misgivings about some plot points. I also, despite having seen her in loads of things before, became a fan of Jennifer Lawrence. I think the performances of both her and Chris Pratt complemented each other, to add to the story.

And, for no other reason than I can, here's a picture of Ms. Lawrence from the film.




No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...