Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Sigh 2.

Everyone except me was away home over Easter. Heating Guy came back yesterday, around tea time and put a wash on. Twenty minutes later, all I could hear was frantic coming and going from the utility room to, well, somewhere else. I've suspected for a long time that the washing machine is on its last legs and it certainly sounded like it yesterday.

Except, Heating Guy never said anything about it. He made his racket then left the house. I checked the utlity room. The floor was sopping wet, the washing machine was full but not running and everything was rearranged.

I said nothing. Heating Guy doesn't take any responsibility beyond his own comfort, so he'll leave empty packets lying at his arse. For example, at one point, he had four tea bag boxes, each with two tea bags in it on the kitchen worktop. Or the six empty packets of washing up powder lying in the utility room for months until our recent decorating.

He's not dirty per se, but he seems weird in that he will ensure that the cutting board, dish mop and dish cloth are all lined up around the sink exactly the way he wants, but he'll freely leave the ironing board up in the middle of the living room once he's finished with it. Don't get me started on the fact that his cutting board placement means it's difficult to turn on the taps without moving the bloody thing anyway or that the dishcloth is left sopping wet and gets mildewy smelling because it never dries out, but at least they're placed to his wishes. And more than once I've heard him set everything up, turn on the iron and then forget about it, including leaving the apartment.

His obsession with order might make you think he's a clean freak, but he's far from that. The communal bathroom, that I no longer use because I have an en-suite, is stinking. He hasn't (and neither has TV Guy to be fair) mopped or brushed or cleaned any of the communal areas since he moved in.

While I have been frustrated with TV Guy and his complaining about our internet, he's a reasonably decent bloke to talk to and if he did at least a bit of housework, he'd be a decent housemate. Heating Guy is just annoying me more and more with each passing day. The passive aggressive heating control, the lack of responsibility taken for anything and the compulsion to have things a certain way (see chopping board and ironing board), even if they make no sense is all starting to build up to some real frustration.

It's already started to leak out of me.

I sent en email when I got home today. It had been twenty-four hours since the washing machine flooded the utility room and Heating Guy had said nothing. Just like the last time when he blew the lighting fuses in the house, he sorted himself out and left the rest of us to fix the problem. I was adamant this wasn't going to happen.

So I asked both guys what had happened.

TV Guy arrived a few minutes after I sent the email and we talked it through. He was none the wiser about anything so we needed Heating Guy to confirm it was the washing machine and not something stupid that he'd done. Four hours after I sent the email, there was a reply...

"Looks like the washing machine is broke"

I replied immediately.

"Presumably you've contacted the landlord and he's arranging a repair/replacement?"

No reply as yet, but he has come back to the house and turned the heating on and full blast. On the warmest day of the year so far. No-one can be THAT cold, surely?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...