Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Oh dear (sigh 3).

Things have escalated quickly at Chez Ruuude. I'm not going to into the detailed ins and outs of lengthy "conversation" that I've had with Heating Guy today, but the upshot of it all is that he refused to take any responsibility for getting  the washing machine repaired or replaced. When I asked him to do so, he threw a massive strop and said that, despite being the person who found the problem, he was the last to know about the washing machine being broke.

So, I contacted the landlord to arrange a solution but I indicated that if the landlord had any questions to contact Heating Guy directly as he knew the details.

Heating Guy was livid. I was passing the buck, apparently. The landlord said that I'd passed the buck. He sent me screen shots of the chat. The landlord did say that. Heating Guy denied all knowledge of the incident and said that the washing machine "was not a priority for me right now". All he had to say was that it had leaked all over the utility room.

The landlord was in touch with me and within a few messages had arranged a replacement. I'm just waiting on the details for delivery etc.

That wasn't the end of it though. I sent Heating Guy the screenshot of my message to the landlord to show that, at no point, was I passing the buck.  More ranting. No matter what I said, the ranting continued until he outright accused me of lying about the washing machine, saying I'd broken it, tried to clean up after me and not told anyone. Pretty much he had done.

I've been open and honest about all manner of house stuff since the guys have moved in, communicating everything to them in a timely fashion and taking responsibility when something needs done (cleaning, getting decorators in etc.) and that he's done nothing but suit himself and avoid communication or responsibility, the evidence really does look bad for him. That didn't put him off.

"How can I believe you when you never told me about your argument with the neighbours about the noise?" was his logic. Well, I explained to him that last August was all very much last minute with MfW leaving with five days' notice, that he wasn't originally meant to take the room he finally got and while there was an oversight (I didn't tell him about the noise), it wasn't deliberate or malicious. I had other priorities.

It looks like his entire attitude about everything goes back to some kind of assumption that I lied to him about the room. He still doesn't believe me. According to him, I should stop trying to make things right and we should avoid each other, apparently.

Heating Guy is a basket case. I'm going to have to have a chat with TV Guy so that he knows the score. and I will be avoiding him. Crazy bastard.

2 comments:

USHW said...

Yikes! You don't have much luck with housemates do you?! Maybes time to get your arse in gear with house hunting.

ruuude said...

I showed TV Guy the text messages and even he was shocked at it.

But you're right, time to get my arse in gear.

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...