Saturday, April 04, 2015

Differences.

KfW2 was meant to call on Tuesday night off the back of a text conversation about CH. And to give her credit, she did call, at 10:30PM, though my phone was elsewhere and I only got the voicemail an hour later.

I sent a text - "Are you still about?"

"Nope. I'm in bed. I'll give you a call tomorrow"

"I'll keep my phone with me at all times", I promised.

Wednesday came and went. No phone call. I sent a text on Thursday. "Oi. Where was my phone call, eh?"

"You had your chance. I'm a busy girl. Bad Ruuude! Are you free tomorrow? I'm by myself in the evening. Will buzz you then."

So Friday evening rolled round... and it got later... and later...

And at 10 PM: "I haven't forgotten about you! Will give you a call shortly when everything calms down here"

And she did, approximately half an hour later. We chatted for about an hour covering a few different things - CH, work, life in general.

KfW2 is sympathetic regarding the CH thing. I introduced the two of them and they get along great. CH offers KfW2 something that she doesn't get from her other friends - female-centric conversations specifically around sex. I remember KfW2 complaining (to CH I think) that she was frustrated that I didn't treat her as a girl. I don't know what she meant by that, but I don't think it was an insult and if she wanted to talk about something like that, she could have driven the conversation that way.

I know that I don't talk about stuff like that with many people, but if people want to raise the subject, they can. I have had very female-specific conversations with USHW, CH and A amongst others and at all times, they made the first move, conversationally. KfW2 can be like myself though - too subtle in conversation - and I miss the signals. She assumes I have no desire to talk about whatever and I'm left clueless until she accuses me (jokingly) of being useless.

KfW2 suggested last night that perhaps CH is scared that I am about to declare undying love based on whatever phrasing I was using last night. Obviously that's not the case and KfW2 knows that (though she doesn't know how much I'd love to have sex with CH), but I had had a few beers. I had covered this "assumption" before with USHW. I am aware that the complaints I am making about CH's role in this "friendship" are similar to complaints that people have in romantic relationships and that my own feelings aren't 100% platonic, but the two people I have spoken to (KfW2 and USHW) have both said that my complaints/concerns are valid. I just need to articulate them better, I think.

I think I've already said, but I am being a little stubborn about this. Considering that I've effectively jettisoned DSC, GB and a couple of other people for similar reasons over the past few years, CH is getting a chance that none of these others were given. I don't want to keep dropping friends and the ongoing singledom funk is coming into play here as well. Two years ago and this might not have even been an issue. I had thought that there was a seed of a good friendship there, and one that would have been similar to what I have with KfW2 though not as close, but it's not just grown and all the effort thus far has been mine.

I'm due to be meeting KfW2 for lunch on Monday. so no doubt CH will be mentioned again, but I think that I'm now done unless CH makes some effort and soon.

I kinda got side-tracked there a little. My original intention with the post was to point out the difference between KfW2 and CH. KfW2 and I missed each other's phone calls, but were in regular contact arranging things. CH cancels things at the last minute, never offers alternatives then goes quiet until I say something.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...