Monday, April 06, 2015

Rainchecks.

Hmmm... I was meant to be meeting KfW2 for lunch today, and I don't know about you, but it's is a glorious day here. So, when I sent a text earlier asking to confirm the time, her reply annoyed me a little (all quotes are paraphrased).

"I can do between 12 and 2 - have stuff to do before going away at tea time. Let's do fast food."

"Sure" I replied, but I wasn't happy at all about it. I'd actually messaged MM and MMBF on Facebook to see if they could recommend any nice cafés or restaurants. KfW2 had suggested we went somewhere new, so I had a couple of ideas.

She wasn't best pleased with my reply.

"Don't give that attitude! I am doing my best to meet you. If you wait til the weekend, we can have all day but I thought you'd be annoyed if we didn't meet today"

Now, she's right. I am annoyed that we're not meeting today, but given the option of doing a rushed lunch today or waiting a few days and not being against the clock, well, there's only one option. She should have suggested it outright instead of waiting until she realised I was annoyed. It doesn't have to be an all-day affair as she implied - I just want to be able to chat and enjoy the company without keeping an eye on the clock. Plus, KfW2's time management is appalling. She thinks she has two hours free, but she'd be twenty minutes late and then remember something else she has to do which means she'd have to leave fifteen minutes early etc.

She also sent another text:

"I didn't want you to think that I was doing a CH on you."

"You didn't. You offered to meet today even though it's inconvenient and suggested a better alternative. CH would have cancelled then never mentioned it ever again."

The upshot is that we're not meeting today, but we're meeting at the weekend. It's annoying that she left it this late to let me know about the tight timelines, but we already have another, arguably better plan in place. I just hope the weather at the weekend is as good as it is today.

1 comment:

USHW said...

Glorious day here too. Make the most of it... get out on your bike or summat :)

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...