Monday, April 20, 2015

(Belated) Happy birthday!

As USHW reminded me only a few days ago, this blog reached its tenth anniversary on April 7th. A milestone that really passed me by completely. Surprisingly, I have confessed a lot more than I thought I would have both directly and indirectly.

To clarify, I have stated some things outright, but more can probably be gleaned if you read between the lines as well.

I told USHW that I'd do a bit of a retrospective, but I feel that there's a little more negative than positive posted here and don't really want to get too much into it. That's not to say that that's an actual reflection of my life over the last ten years - I don't think that it is. It's just that I've only really posted the stuff that has caused the biggest reaction and that tends to be the more negative or confusing stuff. Recently, that seems to have been CH stuff, or CB stuff or general funk stuff.

There have been other things though - my introduction to, and fast growing friendship with, KfW2. My friendship with USHW, though this is more a read-between-the-lines kinda thing than specifically called out. It's USHW you should blame for my constant drivel over the past ten years. Even some of the stuff that never panned out - the initial stuff with CB, the month of angst regarding RB - I still look back on reasonably fondly more due to how I felt at the time rather than how things actually turned out.

Another one - years before we became friends, KfW2 was mentioned in a couple of posts though she is untagged in them. E's emigration is detailed and tracked and that provokes a combination of sadness (I miss her) and happiness (she's very happy).

Overall, I wonder how my life has changed since BN first kicked off, but I don't think it has moved on that drastically. I'm still single and injury-prone which is where I was in 2005. Only one of those was a problem at the time though. My housing and professional circumstances have moved on, and continue to do so even now.

I don't know how much longer the blog will continue... I'm  not planning on stopping, but something in my head always made me assume that if I ever got into a serious relationship with someone that my posting here would be less frequent. Bearing in mind that the majority of my posts now are regarding online dating or my funk, that's not really a stretch. There's no-one obvious (the lack of social options or online dating is bearing fruit) on the horizon to fill that gap, so there's no end in sight.

I've had over 21000 page views (not counting me),but precious little in the way of commenters. I wasn't holding out to be the next Big Blogger a la Belle De Jour, but it would have been nicer to have received a few more comments and, perhaps, struck up actual conversations with people who had visited and taken the time to read.

1 comment:

USHW said...

Cheeky! Don't blame me for your drivel, even if I did encourage or, um, nag you a bit to do it...

You're glad I did really ;)

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...