Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Talking.

I managed to grab a quick chat with CH earlier and she explained that nothing was wrong and she was simply drunk. Personally, I believe the former, but there was still a tone in her messages where she seemed as if she was trying to say something or provoke something.

I was explaining the weird tone of CH's texts to KfW2. Well, some if it - the emotion and gratitude for what are, to me, everyday behaviour. KfW2 knows nothing of the flirting, touching etc.

The led on to another conversation with KfW2, namely that of me and my ability to handle touchy, emotional subjects. KfW2 essentially admitted that she probably doesn't open to me as much as she would like because I get uncomfortable and can clam up at times.

I've no doubt that there's an element of that - my family weren't particularly open and I've been essentially single my entire life, having only had a few relationships that got beyond the initial "dating" phase, allowing us to open up to each other. It's not something I've had to do an awful lot, so I don't know what to do/say when it happens.

At this stage, it's probably more habit than anything else. I'm simply not used to having those chats, and that probably true of me talking to other people. There's also an element that if I don't notice something, I'd hope the other person would still talk to me, though I know that's hypocritical given my inability to do the same. Plenty of conversations in the past have gone unsaid with QC2 and KfW2 simply because I don't know how to bring them up in conversation.

KfW2 says it's simply who I am, but I know that she's had conversations with me that she's regretted afterwards simply because she saw that I was uncomfortable.

I hope I put her right when I said that I didn't disagree with anything she had said. In the past I have been uncomfortable when some topics are brought up, but ultimately she's my friend and I care for her very much and that I'd far rather be uncomfortable and know what's going on, than comfortable and clueless.

She liked that.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...