Wednesday, September 10, 2014

FFS.

I've heard nothing from the letting agent or the landlord over the past few weeks, but I've been in touch with the two new tenants and by all accounts, things should be wrapped up within the next few days. I fully expect at least one of them to be moved in over the weekend.

Out of the blue, MfW pinged me in work today  on instant messenger. Instantly I knew what it was about - the "final" electricity bill. I had asked him to keep the account open and that when the new guy came in , we'd simply change the name on the account. I'm already looking after some of the bills... I'm not taking on ALL the financial responsibility.

He agreed... but two days after he moved out, he sent myself and FNG a text: "Settled up with the electricity people and closed the account. You owe me an extra tenner."

I've not yet paid him. More through opportunity than anything else. He insisted it was a bank transfer, even though I could have paid him in cash there and then. Since then, I've barely been in the house long enough to sit down and worry about setting up a one-off payment for twenty quid.

"Have you had a chance to look at the electricity bill?" he asked.

I replied that I hadn't. I "explained" that his abrupt departure with pretty much no warning and no reason and the uselessness of the letting agent had meant I was out looking at other places, in case everything fell through and the landlord started chasing me for the thousand pounds per month rent that we're meant to be sharing.

He went quiet for a few minutes before popping back up again on IM detailing how much he thought it was. He wants paid because he's both paranoid and extremely tight with money, but after my "excuse" above, he could come out and simply say that he wanted paid.

It might be a bit passive-aggressive, but he will get paid... but when I have the time and inclination to do so, not because he simply demands the money. I mean, it's only been a week, FFS. It would be months at a time between him handing over whatever monies he owed me.

The past few weeks has been a reminder that there's a reason that MfW has no long-term friends. He simply doesn't treat them very well and would appear to be one of those people that dedicates all his time to any girlfriends that he has. Anyone that I know who's appeared on an irregular basis are family members - cousins - rather than friends.

Once I make that final payment, I will never hear from MfW ever again. And that's a good thing.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...