Friday, September 12, 2014

Saving the world in style.

Before my crush on Jessica Alba, my main celebrity crush was very much Uma Thurman. Much to FA2's chagrin, I would watch films that had Ms Thurman in them, even though they were, for the most part, awful.

When The Avengers opened in 1998, I told FA2 in no uncertain terms that we'd be attending. We'd only been officially dating a few months by that stage, so she wasn't really aware how much of a crush I had on Uma.

We came out of the cinema and headed for a drink. FA2 wasn't very complimentary about the film in general. She quite enjoyed taking the mickey out of me as it was my choice of the film until I opened my mouth...

FA2 thought I was going to protest, but what I actually did was agree with her.

FA2 was flabbergasted.

"But... but... but... you were really looking forward to the film! And it turned out to be appalling!"

I smiled.

"I was looking forward to seeing Uma Thurman in a tight, black leather catsuit. The rest of the film was immaterial."

She laughed and tried to retort that she had enjoyed Ralph Fiennes in a suit as well, but I was too busy reminiscing about the catsuit.

FA2 ended up getting a little drunker than she usually would (she was a stickler for maintaining control of herself and would be horrified if she got drunk and did something stupid or silly) and when she initiated sex later that evening, she was a little more aggressive than usual. I don't know if she was thinking about Ralph Fiennes, but I was certainly thinking about the catsuit.


Why the story now? Well, I've just found a copy of that awful movie... that's my Friday night sorted!

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...