Monday, September 29, 2014

Close... but no cigar.

I managed to grab a couple of hours with G at the weekend. FP was out too. We ended up doing a mini pub crawl around the town. It was a good laugh. It always is with G, and he was very appreciative of the time with us given recent developments in his family. That's us as a group though. We'd drop anything for any one of us.

While we were out, my eye was taken by a cute girl. I always have a look around when I'm out. As the only single bloke in the group, no-one takes offence. This one was slightly different though. Usually, I'm very much of a "Yeah, she's pretty" then move on, but this girl was different.

She was completely not my "type" - short, blonde, too thin... but there was just something about her. She stood in front of us in the beer garden and lit a cigarette and G and FP noticed that I was very much taken by the girl in question, so we started to make our way over to see if we could get some chat going... until we noticed that she was married. Ah well... we finished our drinks and moved on.

Still... given my lack of opportunities elsewhere, it's nice to know that there are still random women turning up to bars who will make me feel something more than apathy.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...