Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The unexpected.

Today was A Good Day. Nothing spectacular happened - no lottery wins or booty calls from Jessica Alba - but the little things all seemed to fall into place. Things at work started taking shape for the future (it's been a slow year to date, so something that has a more long-term feel to it is welcome). I deposited some money into my savings account today that will halve my credit card bill. The bill itself is not unmanageable in its current state, but with some big goals next year requiring finances, this is simply a small step towards that.

The banking cashier was a cute blonde girl who triggered a feeling of, well, something... and that hasn't happened since I last laid eyes on CB which was 18 months ago, so I engaged in some flirting. Completely unrelated, she managed to find out that I'd miscounted, so I got a "free" £20, and that led to more self-deprecating humour and flirting.

This afternoon, the entire office descended into some kind of lull. I don;'t know what triggered it - perhaps the unexpectedly hot and sunny day (we were due wind and rain), but it was a more relaxed atmosphere than recently and little work was done in favour of meetings and general mucking about.

The only downside is trying to put together an advert to replace FNG as he informed us last night that he's leaving and MfW and myself are completely in the dark about the landlord's intentions. The next few weeks will be unnecessarily stressful.


No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...