Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Spanner -> Works (Part 2)

For the second night in a row, I got about 4 hours sleep. This time, instead of the back pain I'd been suffering over the weekend, it was the students next door having a party. It started at 2AM and went on until after 4AM.

This was on top of MfW breaking the six day news to me at 11PM, so I was late dropping off to sleep after mulling the potential consequences of MfW's selfishness (he admitted to me that there's no emergency here, this is a personal decision).

However, he cannot move until there's a replacement, according to the landlord. After the shortlisting of last week, we're running out of names. There are three left. As I effectively ran the advertising last week, it's been left to me to sort it out, though MfW is impatient and has already annoyed me by asking for updates an hour after sending the first text message. I've already left a message with my top choice, but that was at lunchtime and she's not yet replied. I'll give her another few hours and then I'll have to move on.

As it stands, MfW is in danger of having to stay on another month. The whole thing is, as pop culture has taught us, an omnishambles. Sigh.

I think I've made a decision to stay on here rather than go back to my sister's. I can grab the master bedroom, get away from the students and get more space and an en-suite, but I shall definitely be moving up my plans.

At this stage, though, I really need a good night's sleep.


No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...