Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Opportunities.

I was trying to get CH out to our usual monthly work thing which is due to take place in around ten days. I think there's a good chance of it, but the conversation got on to other subjects such as diet and exercise. She was telling me about her recent running habit and suggested that I accompany her at some stage.

I immediately shot down the idea. I hate running. I find it to be boring and simply cannot motivate myself to do it. I explained this to her.Give me some team sports and I'll run myself into the ground.

The conversation ended as she had to leave, but it had given me cause to think. CH doesn't do long distances, so it's not like we'd be marathon training, and it would only be twice a week, max. That could easily fit in with the other thing that I'm documenting elsewhere and might give me an incentive to get out of bed an hour earlier in the mornings.

When we continued the conversation later in the afternoon, I mentioned to her that I might actually take her up on the offer. The exercise plus spending a bit of time with CH is never going to be a bad thing - it could certainly take the friendship forward, giving me some time alone to talk about things I'd like to cover, but never get around to - the funk, being single, the whole GB and CB thing etc.

She seemed genuinely excited by my semi-turnaround and showed me some of her routes. I still don't know if I will take her up on her offer (I really hate running that much), but the benefits are too good to instantly dismiss.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...