Sunday, October 13, 2013

One down... more to go.

The solution to the ongoing work problems are now starting to gather steam and while it's not going to be plain sailing, I expect things to be much, much better by the end of the month.

That's one thing off my plate, thankfully, though it would be nice to sort out a few others things over the next few months. KfW2 has repeated her desire to get me back to online dating despite quite a few protestations from me about not wanting to get back into it again given the lack of success from both Match.com and PLenty of Fish  apart from Date No. 1. USHW reckons I might eventually crumble but says I need to make my stance clearer.

The thing is, I've not been meeting anyone anywhere else recently. I continue to hold out a little hope that an introduction to CB is possible, partly because it is so achievable with MFF (and CH is a friend of MFF too, and she says she wants me to find someone), partly because there was no actual conclusion/closure on it from earlier, and partly because no-one else has been on my radar since the start of the year.

I definitely need to do something different because meeting people in bars isn't working - at least, not at the moment. USHW has suggested speed dating, but it's a matter of getting someone to go with me. GM is the obvious choice, but getting him out in general is difficult - he was meant to be out with CH etc. a few nights ago but was already triple booked. A few months ago, GB suggested a local meet up from, I believe, Match.com. I was too pissed off at her at the time to go. If another one is suggested, I might trundle along. And I still haven't ruled out online dating, despite how it left me feeling before. I'm starting to think that I have to give serious thought to any different way of meeting people that doesn't involve chatting to strangers in the pub.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...