Sunday, October 20, 2013

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.

Something that has been bothering me all year is my single status. It hasn't helped me that I had the "close but no cigar" period with CB at the start of the year that has been thwarted by, IMO, GB's utter uselessness. Usually these funks only last a month or so, but this one has been consistent pretty much for all of this year and, over the past few months, has been more and more of an issue.

I've told KfW2 that I'm unhappy being single right now and that this is a mood that comes and goes usually, but has been in the back of my mind all year. Her immediate suggestion was to try online dating. I eventually confessed that I'd done it before, had little success and it destroyed my confidence, but she didn't take this as a valid reason not to try it again.

None of the above is new - it's something I've repeatedly posted about here.

Since then, the idea has grown in my head. I'm really unhappy being single and there are few options open to me for meeting new people right now, so I am thinking to myself "why not try it again?" I think I am at a stage where my unhappiness greatly overshadows my concerns about online dating and my own mentality being at odds with what online dating requires.

Maybe my problem was that last time, I did it all on my own. Maybe having KfW2 as support will help?

USHW predicted that I'd cave in, simply because it was KfW2's suggestion, but I think that I am caving in because of my own unhappiness. I have other things I want to clear up with KfW2, but I think that, unless something drastic happens over the next week or so, I'll sit down with KfW2 and talk to her again about the entire problem - my relationship status. If online dating is mentioned, I think I will probably go down that route, but I will be making sure that KfW2 comes along for the ride, if only to be there for support when I suspect things turn out the same again.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...