Saturday, March 31, 2012

Making progress?


Hmmm... interesting things are afoot. Last night was M's belated birthday party. Lots of friends from all over the UK came over for it and it was good to catch up with a group of friends from school.

I was chatting briefly to MMBF who looked stunning in a figure-hugging dress, but didn't get to say a lot and wasn't able to capitalise on QC2 being a mutual friend or lay any groundwork for something more. I did let slip to MM at the end of the night that I was interested in her, but the response I got wasn't positive. I got the impression that she's very high maintenance and probably hard work. Shame that. I might try and get a confirmation from M if we're out again soon. I think we might be - G is home too for nearly a week, so I'd be very surprised if we weren't out at least once in the next week.

However, the real news of the night was that one of our circle of friends (E3) made a move on me. I used to be attracted to her at school (and don't get me wrong, she is still a very good-looking girl), but now, she's just a friend, or so I thought. We swapped a few lingering kisses - not full-on snogs, but not just quick kisses either. I packed her into a taxi to go home and I walked off home. I feel like I made the right decision, though doubts are starting to creep in. If she'd been someone I'd only met last night, I might have tried to get her back to mine. In fact, had we been alone and not surrounded by friends, I might have tried to take it further, or at least suggest meeting later in the week.

I'm jumping the gun I suppose. It's entirely possible that she only wanted something for last night. I'm not entirely sure how drunk she was or what her goal was, but I played the safe option and packed her off.

Oh, and as an aside, I haven't managed to talk to DSC about the dating site girl, but I've not replied to her last text which was sent on Tuesday. She's not made any contact herself, so it looks like that one's dead in the water. I wish she'd made that clear a lot earlier instead of me having to figure it out. She's a woman in her forties - she should be beyond this kind of game-playing.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...