Tuesday, March 13, 2012

If you build it, they will come.

OK, so I'm paraphrasing "Field of Dreams" a little here. But I have a little confession to make. Despite all my whinging about online dating sites, I've been a member of one again since the start of the year. It was all part of ticking off my goals for the year, especially with regards to meeting new people and getting dates with women. I didn't make any effort; I set up the account, wrote a profile, I didn't upload any photos, save one of a celebrity just so I could have any photo on the site, and left it be. I logged on once every three or four weeks to see what was going on.

I don't know why I took this halfway attitude. I hated it last time - it was a complete ego killer, so I should have either not bothered at all, or went all in with photos and being pro-active.

Suffice to say, nothing at all happened. There are a few girls that look interesting, but having been pretty much ignored last time, I decided that this time I wasn't going to put myself out there. Last time I sent messages to cute, interesting looking girls and got nothing back in return - not even a "fuck off" or a "sorry, you'r not my type".

However, something strange has happened over the course of the past 48 hours - I've had over a dozen women message me. Sadly, none of them are on my "favourites" list and it's unlikely I'm going to get to a stage where I meet these women, but it is strangely good for the ego and some of them seem decent enough, albeit not dating material.

I do wonder what has changed over the past 48 hours though to have made this profile interesting enough for women to message me. Who knows? Here's hoping that, whatever it is, someone off my favourites list gets in contact!

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...