Thursday, March 27, 2008

No resolution

The problem with goodbyes is that you don't want them to get too negative or downbeat. E was as down as I was about my return home and she admitted herself that she'd not met too many people in her new hometown. I guess that's understandable. Our relationship might be a tad out of the ordinary in more ways than one, but there's a good deal of time and effort invested in it from both parties and I think there's a level of trust/intimacy there that she's yet to have with any of her new friends, so my presence over the last few weeks has been highly valued. She didn't have to say it, I just knew. And she knows I know, and that kinda sums up our friendship.

So, I didn't raise the topic of the OMG stuff because our conversation didn't go anywhere near anything that would allow me to bring it up without being just blunt and crass, which was the last thing I wanted to do. That's been the problem and will be the problem in future because I've been looking for that opportunity to offer my support since she first confided in me almost ten days ago. We've never had a conversation that would allow me to do so, though.

It was gutting to part with her, when we said our goodbyes.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...