Monday, March 10, 2008

I mean, come on... this is taking the piss...

I went out for a few beers tonight. I left the enclave that is the hostel and went looking for sociable drinks. I found a sports bar showing the highlights of the weekend's FA Cup fixtures (not, as I originally typed, the "FAQ Cup" fixures which is something completely different... perhaps I should suggest FAQs to UHSW? That'd be interesting... actually, not just from USHW but from a few people!)

Anyway, I'm digressing. I spent about two hours there, drinking and chatting to the bar staff, but mainly one, a fairly cute, but not screamingly gorgeous brunette. Female, as if I needed to add. She was OK. Nothing nothing special to look at. Cute, without being gorgeous.

No word of a lie, she was all over me. Keen is not an understatement. We engaged in conversation over a few beers (mine) that didn't involve me having to dig out any "lines" or try to be particularly clever... she was just there and, well, keen. I was going to say "of course...", but that's kinda defeatist, but we were defeated by the bar manager who wanted us, anonymous boozers, out of the bar before he could finally close for the evening which was a shame because there was definitely a spark. She wasn't the prettiest girl I've met on my travels, nor the outright sexiest, but there was enough there to take it from a barmaid/client thing to something a lot more physical (and a lot more fun?) Who knows? The only thing I can say is that, following on from my previous posts, this thing rarely happens to me at home (and by rarely, I mean once a decade). Fuck it. Go figure.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...