Saturday, July 21, 2007

"Groo", I believe is the word.

Yes, it's that time again, which seems to be coming around ever more frequently recently. It's that "I'm pissed off at being single" moment.

Sometimes, it's because I want someone to share the moment with. Sometimes I get this feeling because I want regular/semi-regular sex. Sometimes, I just want someone I can rely on to go out for a drink, or to the cinema and not have to hope one of my other mates can get a pass out. There are usually tonnes of reasons like these and these momentary self-pity moments are usually set off by one thing just like that.

This time it was brought on by being at a birthday party today where there were plenty of couples around my age - married and dating. For some reason, despite the fact I was enjoying myself, I still felt kinda lonely. Everyone else was paired up, having a good old chat and whatnot. I don't know exactly why I felt lonely or why being in a relationship would have made this any different, but it was the over-riding feeling I had after everyone else had gone home and I was left with the hosts, tidying up.

Oh, and the girl from this post was there, but sadly I didn't get to chat to her. She looked different this time around... not as pretty as the first time I saw her (though still extremely pretty mind you) and this time around, she reminded me of someone else. Someone famous, I think, but I can't think of who it was.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...