Sunday, July 22, 2007

To pub or not to pub?

At the start of the week, FP suggested we hit some bars on Friday night and although I didn't want to get too hammered because of the birthday party I was attending on Saturday, I agreed.

Come Friday afternoon however, and FP starts playing coy.

A text message sent enquiring about heading to the pub gets the reply "It's very probable."

Probable? This is the guy that wanted me to go to the pub and is now playing silly buggers! This is typical FP though... he has to remain in control at all times or else he throws his toys out of the pram. I prodded again on MSN at tea-time, figuring I could still swing something if the FP thing collapsed (I was in the mood for a few beers by this time). Again, he remained non-committal.

At 8 PM, he appeared once again on MSN saying that he'd just been for a nap and would get back to me once he'd fed and watered himself. And to my surprise, he did...

... at 9 PM whereupon he said he was too tired to go out, but he suggested Sunday night instead.

Usually, I'd agree or disagree immediately as I usually know what I'm doing a few days in advance (don't most people?), but this time I never committed myself either way. I did get a notion for a pint or two this evening and once again mentioned this to FP. His reply?

"It's in discussion."

That was a few hours ago. It's now just after 8 PM. Will FP say "yay" or "nay"? And will he leave it until late to actually make a decision without me chasing him?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...