Friday, September 01, 2023

Stuff.

As a bit of a treat to myself, I was going to buy a brand-new PC. it wouldn't be cheap, but I can justify it as I spend more time on my current PC than anything else. As a result, there'd be a decent, though slightly aging, PC going spare. My brother-in-law suggested that my niece might want it.

So, I've spent the last few months putting together some savings, investigating what I want versus what I need and what I can afford.

And so, I finally had it nailed down until there was a new graphics card being released next Wednesday. Fine. Ten days delay wasn't going to make any difference in the long run.

But no sooner had I decided to hold off until 6th September than one of the hard drives in my current PC just failed. I've managed to get it working again in order to get my data off it (it was backed up anyway, but I fancied the challenge).

And that's finally done. It's only taken the best part of a week. Roll on Wednesday or Thursday when I can order my new PC and get some shiny new tech. Mmm... shiny new tech...

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...