Sunday, September 10, 2023

Ouch

I've had terrible shoulder and neck pain since Friday morning. I assume that I slept funny on Thursday night, but I've been in near-constant pain since I woke up on Friday morning. It didn't cause me to miss my long-awaited day out with KfW2, but my movement was limited and large quantities of alcohol didn't seem to dull the pain.

But last night, I got maybe two hours of sleep. I woke at around 2 AM, tried to lie still to ease the now-excruciating pain, failed miserably and ended up getting out of bed at 4:30 AM because I was in less pain sitting upright than lying down.

I've done this before, but it has usually resulted in a few days of mild discomfort, but this is real pain. And painkillers just aren't doing anything. I don't even think they're taking the edge off the pain.

My eyes are hanging out of my head, though I've spent the morning watching Supergirl on TV with an inflatable travel pillow to keep my neck upright. Not even a pretty woman in a short skirt and boots has made me forget the pain.



No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...