Sunday, September 10, 2023

Hurrah!

I thought it was going to be another frustrating day with KfW2. It was only late on Friday evening when she finally confirmed she could make it out for lunch and drinks. Then, with half an hour until our booking, she called and told me she was stuck in traffic. No details apart from she had yet to drop her kids off at her parents' for child-minding.

However, seemingly, from then on in, things started going her way. She arrived a few minutes after the booking time, but we were able to find her a parking space and sat at our table only ten minutes late. She was leaving the car there, so she was drinking.

And from that point, it all went swimmingly. She enjoyed the restaurant and food (she can be picky about her food), and we did a mini pub crawl around some bars in the city centre that had beer gardens, and her husband came to pick her up around 8:30 PM. Beer, cocktails, gins and tequila... we did it all.

We chatted, I shared some stuff... some medical and I even managed to get across about my introversion, which she was eager to hear and learn more about. I promised to send a link or two to give some more information as I couldn't even remember half of what I wanted to share.

It was exactly how our nights out used to be when we did them on a more frequent basis, and apart from the initial frustration when she said she was running late and gave me no further information so I could manage my expectations, I loved every second.

One final talking point was when we were parting ways. She hugged me.

"Love you," she said.

"Love you too," I replied.

"Oooh, you actually said it. That's the first time!"

I mean, it's not. I've told her quite a few times how much she means to me, some in reply to her saying it first, and others where I've said it first. It reminded me of FA2's complaint that I never said those words to her. But it's true. As anyone who's spent any kind of time reading this blog will know, KfW2 is extremely important to me.

I think there's a desire that we see each other more often. It might not be trips to the pub... my home town is extremely expensive when it comes to drinking in bars... but she did hint about missing coming to mine for drinks. And I really hope that pans out.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...