Thursday, June 09, 2022

Quiet introspection.

Ever get the feeling you've committed some kind of faux pas, but can't actually figure it out? That's what I've been feeling this week after babysitting for KfW2 at the weekend.

She kindly paid for my taxi home, though I did try and turn down the money. It was my decision to go home rather than sleep over, so I was happy to accept the cost of the taxi. She wanted me to stay over, though.

I woke to a couple of WhatsApp messages on Sunday morning. The first was thanking me for babysitting and asking if I was OK. I was quiet, apparently. The second message was deleted.

It kinda annoyed me. KfW2 and I have had plenty of conversations about my social anxiety, and how I tend to sit on the sidelines of conversations when I feel out of my comfort zone. Saturday night was no exception. I was an outsider and everyone else was KfW2's family. 

While it was nice that she noticed that I was quiet, there was frustration that I had to explain, yet again, my social anxiety and introversion and that there wasn't anything wrong per se.

So that, plus the deleted message, has gotten me a little paranoid.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...