Friday, June 03, 2022

Sigh (Part 2)

Yeah, so I called KfW2 to tell her I could do some babysitting. Yes. I know. I'm a sucker for a pretty face. Or the fact she's a friend that I care for and won't see a friend in need. I still can't shake something though - the frustration or disappointment that it's taken so long to get her out.

She dropped another comment - she's going out tonight for a birthday party. Then she drops it...

"I just can't face going out any more"

Instantly, I wonder if that's why she's been so hard to pin down and even then, when I do get her to talk about a night out, that she only ever considers her local bar.

I'm probably over-thinking this, and I'm sure some of it is related to the lockdown of the past few years plus her mental health issues that I mentioned before, but it's frustrating to have this stuff brought up as a throwaway comment in a completely different conversation... much like the way she casually mentioned that she had plans for the evening of 11th June, thus rendering our own tentative plans moot, when we were talking about work.

Still, it could all fall through. She hasn't actually booked a table for the event tomorrow.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...