Sunday, June 19, 2022

Paying dividends.

There was a meeting at work last week... company survey results are out. It's not good. Mid-grade, long-term employees (like me) are extremely unhappy.

It's all part of The Great Resignation, I think. My personal take on it is that I think there's a fatigue in play. Long-term employees are fed up with guff being added to our goals in the name of company culture. It sucks all the fun and value out of being involved in things like equality, innovation, training committees etc. I've been involved in all those things over the years, but I still see people like Brusque Guy get promotions for doing his core job and nothing more.

If I moved jobs to another company, I could get a 40% pay rise without breaking a sweat. However, the interview process will undoubtedly kill me, and I still haven't looked into the links that the attractive HR woman shared with me at the start of the year. 

I was contemplating asking for a raise in work and was planning on doing that this coming week until my boss reminded me that she's off for two weeks. It'll give me a chance to collate some information, have a chat with KfW2 and see if I can't prise some company information out of her (like the salary range for my grade).

I'll likely not get what I want (my gut reckons about 10% to be happy), but something would be nice. It's not a threat, either. Even if I were motivated, I'm months away from being in a position to apply for other jobs, so this is just a simple request that may drive other decisions.

But you gotta be in it to win it, right?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...