Sunday, April 25, 2021

The clock's ticking.

I got drunk on Thursday night. It's the drunkest I've been in some time. I actually think that I was still drunk when I awoke on Friday. And so I logged on to work. My boss's boss wanted a chat as well. I knew what that was about, and it's not particularly good news.

Still, the news could have been a lot worse than it actually was. Our department is being closed down and we need to find new jobs. I kinda knew that part. My department manager was simply explaining the time line. I have until the end of the year to find something or risk being made redundant.

Finding a new job should be easy. The difficult thing is finding something that I like. The last time I had to find a new job, I had help from a manager and I found something that genuinely interested me. This time, though, I think I might have to find a job THEN find something else that I actually want to do. I hate being against the clock.

That's what I'll have to start working on when I get into work tomorrow.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...