Wednesday, April 07, 2021

"Engage and commit"

I was alone, in a foreign city, a version of Dublin I think, trying to locate a train station to go to a music festival but I was hopelessly lost. Somehow, I bumped into QC2 who seemed to be in the middle of a project. She suggested she would help me out and we went exploring the city.

It turns out that the project that she was working on was me. As we explored the city, that started to merge into our hometown as the dream progressed, it became apparent that QC2 was encouraging me to come out of my shell, to combat my social anxiety and shyness. The phrase "engage and commit" seemed to reoccur through the dream - something QC2 was adamant that I should learn, remember and act upon, even though I have no idea what it actually means.

The dream ended after much lecturing from QC2 about meeting more people, as I was showing her around my house. I should point out that this felt like "good" lecturing, from someone who clearly cares about me, like I get from my sister or KfW2 rather than "bad" lecturing that I get from CC who appears to have no empathy and is simply interested in herself.

When I woke I had this really strong desire to reach out to QC2. But it has been probably about nine years since we last spoke in any proper way and I've no idea why she stopped being in contact.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...