Sunday, January 17, 2021

Urgh.

A week or so ago, I recommended Whitney Cummings podcast "Good for You". She'd had some guests on - people whose work I like (Dave Grohl, Alison Brie, Bill Burr etc.) and I liked the interviews.

Her most recent guest... well, I was interested in this interview for different reasons. Amanda Knox. Remember her? Accused of murder in Italy and ultimately acquitted (massive simplification of the story). And yet, right from the start, I couldn't get into it. Cummings seemed more interested in talking about herself, interrupting her guest and generally being a pain in the ass.

I had to give up. It was far too annoying. I found other podcasts where Amanda Knox had been interviewed (check out Theo Von's podcast "This Past Weekend" episode #225). Then I went back to give Whitney's podcast another go. The comments on YouTube seemed similar to my own thoughts - a wasted opportunity, too many interruptions etc.

So disappointing.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...