Saturday, January 23, 2021

Ouch.

I went out for a walk yesterday, with Nerdy Girl. I know, there's a lockdown on, but we were outdoors and socially distant. It's the first proper exercise I've done in months. We ended up doing about 6 miles in around two hours, and I'm feeling it today. It's not stiffness or anything normally associated with exercise (though there is a little bit of that). At 3 mph, it was a comfortable walk for me, but I now have multiple blisters and the skin has rubbed off on one of my heels.

It was the DM Boots. I thought I'd done a fair bit of walking in them before, but I must be mistaken. The blisters are from the in-soles I have. I need new ones, for sure. The skin thing is another matter. Maybe they don't fit properly or I didn't tie them correctly. Regardless, I'm walking around the house very gingerly today.

I enjoyed the chat with Nerdy Girl. I normally do, but this was the first proper chat I've had with a non-family member since before Xmas. She mentioned that her company was looking for new people and did I know anyone? I did actually: Quiet Girl. I don't know if Quiet Girl is looking for a new job, but I know she'd be great for the role. I must get in touch over the weekend and ask if she at least wants to speak to Nerdy Girl.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...