Thursday, January 21, 2021

Support your local...

 MMBF has posted on Facebook a post that I've started seeing an awful lot of since this time last year.

"Support your local..." and whatever it is people want me to support.

Now, I'd happily support MMBF as a local businesswoman (and that's not a euphemism). She has been running her own business for nearly ten years that provides a service rather than offering goods. Since the first lockdown last March, she has impressed me by introducing innovative ways to keep her business up and running and offering her services as best she can under the circumstances. Other friends and acquaintances who own their own businesses are not doing the same (and, yes, I appreciate that not everyone can make those changes).

A LOT of the local businesses that I've seen haven't done that and are trying to continue running just because they're local and deserving of my custom.

Sorry, local businesses, but that alone is not enough. Amazon (and other businesses) are getting my business because I can browse online, see stock levels, offer delivery or some kind of click and collect etc. Can you do the same?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...