Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Oh dear.

CC called me earlier. She does this thing, as does Stalky Guy, when she just phones, on company hardware, during company time. No warning. No "are you free?" questions, just phones. Straight in, no kissing as Sports Girls used to say. I'm often tempted simply not to answer, as I am usually in the middle of something and don't want to stop. Today was such a day, but I decided to take the call.

CC wanted to go to dinner. She started talking as if I had already agreed to accompany her.

"You do know there's a lockdown on, right?"

"So why are they doing this 50% thing?"

"Well, to help the hospitality sector, but we're still in the middle of a pandemic, CC. And truth be told, I didn't feel hugely comfortable when we did brunch a few weeks ago."

"Oh. Well, I got stuff to do. I'll find someone else for dinner. Bye"

And like that, she was gone. The thing is, CC moved back in with her parents when lockdown started. Now she's gallivanting around, at the gym, going to restaurants etc. and then going back to her parent's house. There aren't a lot of cases when I live, but I think this is hugely risky and quite selfish of CC on her part. I don't think she's even given any thought to what she might be taking back into her parents house.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...